Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Benjamin Rush Society Hosts Leadership Development Reception in New York City

As I announced a few month's ago, I have taken on additional responsibilities as the Executive Director of the Benjamin Rush Society, a national society of medical students that has chapters across the country.  The Society's mission statement is posted here.

Due to the initiative of Deroy Murdock, syndicated columnist and member of the Society's Board of Advisors, we hosted a Leadership Development Reception in New York City on January 19.

A report on the event (including a very amateur video) is posted at the Society's website.

I generally do not write about the Society's activities on this blog, or on my own Facebook or Twitter feed, which are dedicated to my policy research.  Nevertheless, I'd like my readers to know that the Society is growing (and taking up more of my time).

The Society has its own Facebook page (here) and it's own Twitter feed (here). If you'd like to keep abreast of the Society's activities, please consider using those media.  In a few days, I will also be setting up an e-newsletter that I anticipate will be published quarterly.  Once that's up and running, I will let you know so that you can sign up for that if you prefer.

No comments: